Wednesday, August 25, 2010

40 years!

This weekend we were up in New York for Kevin's parents' 40th wedding anniversary. We had a lovely dinner on the patio of the Half Moon. Kevin's mother said that the best part of her marriage was her three boys. I thought that was sweet. Not many people can say they've made it through 40 years of marriage. As with life I am sure there were plenty of ups and downs but there is something to be said about making it through the tough parts. I always knew that the most important thing was to find someone who would be a great partner in life. Someone who would be a great problem solver, who had similar goals and valued working together to get through the rough patches. Carol and Tim raised three pretty special boys. Both are teachers but some how their children ended up in medicine, two doctors and a nurse. I can only hope I see 40 years of a happy marriage.

Here are some pictures of Half Moon, borrowed from the website:


No comments:

Post a Comment