Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Riding the bus





Buzz my step dad has developed an intense passion for public transportation over the past couple of years. He even has his own Youtube videos about taking the bus. He starts at my parent's cute house in Keego Harbor, MI. He tells my siblings and me frequently that using public transportation is a lifestyle choice. For the past 6 years I have lived within walking distance to a Metro in Washington, DC or to the T in Boston. In May, Kevin and I moved to Del Ray Central in Alexandria, which is a little over 1.5 miles from the metro, a bit too far of a walk for a twice daily commute. I do not want to pay $11 to park each day so I've started taking the bus on days when I can afford a slightly longer or later commute. I actually enjoy seeing different parts of Arlington and Alexandria on the way into DC in the morning. I enjoy people watching on the bus and invent stories of where people are headed for their day and what they do. I doubt many people sitting next to me imagine that I will spend my day inspecting strangers genitals. I am very lucky to have four different buses stop in front of the apartment. Moving a bit farther out of the district has provided the opportunity to try different ways to get into the city. Most evenings, if he is not working, Kevin will pick me up from the Kiss and Ride at the metro. Whoever named the Kiss and Ride must have been a romantic at heart. I do love watching couples commute and of course the first thing I do when I get in the car at the end of the day is give my sweetie a smooch.


No comments:

Post a Comment