Friday, August 20, 2010

The Muffin Tin

There is a little shop in Alden, Michigan, population 1, 120,  called the Muffin Tin. They have the best muffins around. Summers up north are not complete unless you made a stop at the muffin tin. I loved waking up from a perfect nights sleep to the pink box from the Muffin tin on the schuss table. Alden was a bit of a drive from the Frankandor but it could also be reached by boat. When my mom and Buzz started dating Buzz bought a sail boat and named it the Irish Rover. A few years later, after many failed morning sails to get to the muffin tin in time for breakfast he broke down and bought a ski boat named The Muffin Tin Express. Now they could take the Muffin Tin Express to get some muffins in the morning and head back for sailing for the rest of the day. I can still to this day close my eyes and feel the crunch of the top of those muffins. My mouth is watering right now. The Muffin Tin makes the most delicious HUGE amazing muffins in the world.

One year Anthea, one of my best friends from high school and I ran the Alden 5K. The prize at the end of the race was a gift certificate to the Muffin Tin. We were so sad that we did not win. No muffins for us. I am pretty sure that a trip up north with Kevin is in order very soon. He needs to experience all of my favorite places on earth!

In fact I think I am going to make these Blueberry Muffins right now in homage to the Muffin Tin.

1 comment: