Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ray LaMontagne


If you have never heard the soulful voice of Ray LaMontagne get it together and buy one of his albums! Better yet make a pandora station.  He is hands down my favorite artist. No matter what one note out of his mouth and I am instantly transported to a better place. He has this amazing raspy voice and his lyrics are poetic and wise. He has a new album pictured above which we just started listening to. I am sure the songs on "God-Willin' and the Creek Don't Rise" will find a place on our most listened to songs playlist very soon. One favorite is "Beg, Steal, or Borrow", its about having the guts to follow your dreams and leaving what is known to step out to find yourself in the big world while finding the means to make those dreams a reality, no matter how difficult it might be.

Last year Kevin and I saw him play with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra at Strathmore. It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen. I hope to have the opportunity to see him play again. He puts on an amazing show especially if you are watching him with the one you love. I am pretty sure that a whole generation of babies will be created to his beautiful music.

No comments:

Post a Comment