Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Baby Shower





This past weekend we hosted a baby shower for Will and Marantha. Kevin and Will have been friends since age 14. I had been studying for the second part of my medical boards and used planning and making decorations for the shower as a study break. Our apartment looked great and the Mom-to-be was happy to have us all together to celebrate. The theme for the baby's nursery will be hot air balloons. I ordered a cookie cutter and made hot air balloon sugar cookies.

Kevin and I took a trip to Michael's for some craft supplies a few weeks ago. He was helpful while in the store but I could tell it was the last place he wanted to be. He was great and coming up with a solution to hang the decorations for the shower and I think they ultimately turned out better with his input. The night before the shower he was so sweet helping to decorate our apartment. We had lots of food and yummy treats. We asked guests to bring their favorite book for the baby. This baby's parents are both avid readers and I am sure that there will be no shortage of bed time stories in the years to come. I gave a few of my favorites including King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Don and Audrey Wood and Sandra Boynton's collection. I absolutely love the Barnyard Dance. I spent my time in graduate school babysitting for two adorable little girls named Sasha and Chloe. I have fond memories reading these books to them over and over again. Their mother has an online store specializing in unique children's gifts and toys: Cattiwampus.

Here are some pictures from the shower.

hot air balloon sugar cookies
flowers in jars

Yummy Cheese arranged by Scott
Our handmade decorations 

No comments:

Post a Comment